Sunday, January 9, 2011

Battered but

"" Yes ", you can cross-post the message. It is not necessary to anonymous, people might think it was a woman, and this is something that I would want to avoid. As a victim of spousal abuse of my former marriage partner, why not I have left? Go to a shelter? Get help anywhere? First, I loved my ex-spouse. Although it had a problem with violence, there was more to this than just the abusive behavior. I tried to work out the problem. Did not want to admit that "he had a problem" [today also some-thing many women's groups refuse].

Secondly, I love my children. I felt that an active parent who I could moderately or distract of abuse that can have on children. Today, it is for adults. But I know that the courts not a man to give a fair shake when it comes to books. A man may not be a good father to child care, must prove that his mother is incompetent.

This makes only a more adversarial situation on both sides and we know that the single biggest Predictor of emotional and causes problems in children is open hostile conflict between parents. I Was reluctant to go to bat "for my children as would threptikotitas the most negative behavior. By staying in an abusive relationship, I was able to assure myself that I have access to my children and I will see that there is another way a relationship with the parent.

Thirdly, there is a stigma on male victims of spousal abuse that penetrates all our field. I Had a discussion with male Professor at a University [in family section] who refused to believe that a woman abuse could be. Try to speak as a male victim to others that you are a victim of this kind of behavior and responses like this, or comments which get: "wimp", or "why don't I get as a man", or "you need to keep a person or they don't do", or "to" must abuse.

These are some of the comments were raised by people in our area. How can I expect to have some form of understanding of people who were not supposed to understand of the families [police, etc.]. When I met some people in this area is still very understanding and confusing for me on both personal and professional level.

Fourthly, there are very few programs [any] is designed to help battered women

Fifthly, even when researchers data sets that the problem of domestic violence and the formation of a theoretical framework that is not biased [or blind use] could lighten, they get attacked by the more radical, extremist political agendas of groups want to stop, hide or simply ignore the issue by focusing only on "real" victims of spousal abuse.

The political agenda of these different groups to say that I can only look at one type of abuse [because they are "more important"]. While some a lip service to the topic of male victims, rarely, if ever the issue without discussing the revictimizing of men who have experienced abuse. Where is the "ethic of care" that?

The betrayal of a privileged theoretical assumption to maintain a blindsightedness because it does not meet their political agenda makes me extremely suspicious of such groups. It seems to have been able to and will remain free blind, intolerant and cumbersome than admit that their policy agenda is driving their theory and research.

Family violence, or is committed by the man or woman, about an adult man or woman [or child, either male or female] is wrong.

However, in an attempt to determine why this is happening and why people stay in abusive relationships are too complex. Most of the reasoning, research help and content is still blind to the issue of male victims.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment