Saturday, January 1, 2011

What to say about a teenager who has an abusive boyfriend

By Barbara Rose, Ph. d.

When I was eighteen years old had an abusive boyfriend, and I was sad. My mother would sit down and tell me how bad I allow myself to be addressed. When I remember hearing words and know deep in my heart that correct about what 100 percent was telling me. I felt that I was filled, and low self-esteem. I felt ashamed to admit that it was right. I want to display. I didn't want to look like a failure, and I wanted to be sure not to admit that it was right. Although everything she said hit home, and knew this was what I really support, understanding, and could someone guide me a way in love so break this abuse boyfriend.

Must be a real friend, not a daily reading.

Of course my mom pointing out the obvious and making this the best way knew how. All parents do better to know how. Now, this book is in your hands can get from a different perspective, so that you can draw positive insight that you will help with your teen. It is the only thing that with the link to your teen can help, asset-backed by your decision to learn what you can do to make you a better position to care for your teen to drive the best place at all levels of its working life, to help.

If you see that your teen dating someone feel and know it is not in the interest of or better, here's an approach that you can try that works wonders. Try to let your teen know that you really believe in European and that the current selection may just be a mistake, in which he or she is not at the beginning of the relationship.

It is not true for all those who have ended relationships? We Usually do not see that the relationship would not be in our interest, when it started. Everyone is doing it by hand. It is so important for you to get your teen know that anyone was ever in a relationship that proven embarrassing that I really do not see listed at the beginning, and it doesn't make your teen a failure.

Try this approach as well. Try saying: "I believe in you and I know that you are very slim. I know this is a difficult time and I know it will come from this brilliant. Relationship mistakes are filled with great lessons. So even if you feel sad, you never feel like a failure because you never failed! Is OK and even positive step away from a relationship that leads to pain. I have, and I know that many other people have. The most important thing to know and keep in mind is that a relationship has never been a reflection of how good it is deep inside. You were born. Once your learning through experience, how everyone learns and in my life, learned the most painful time me so much. I know I'm going to make the best choices that lead to will feel happy again, and I fully agree with you. "

Now, I think the above point, bring honesty, unconditional love, support, honesty, humility and wisdom. I also believe that by about your teenager and positively supporting emotional place sermon about this, probably you can help make a rapid departure of a negative relationship feel sad.

Here is the alternative, and be honest with yourself what dialogue will probably sound of your mother if you're a teenager.

Alternative dialogue

"How can you allow yourself to be treated like dirt? Where is the backbone? Your acting like an absolute WIMP. He uses, garbage, and treats you like a doormat. Why don't you just break up with him? What's wrong with you? You don't have a brain in your head? I can't stand him not leave this way of seeing. You are sad. I've never seen anything like this before. An attitude that indicate a spine. "

Your choice

The examples that you think your teen actually achieved? One feels supportive? What do you think that your teen will be faster answer? You should be able to respond faster and more honest if it was you?

I think I prefer the first subparagraph. I think I prefer to deal with loving support instead of preached. Let me ask you a question, now that you have a mature adult. Your MOM never talked with one of the ways described above? What I prefer to connect with and supported or preached?

If you're anything like most people who have feelings, I prefer to speak with the softer still in love and sincere manner. Truth should be spoken at all times. But how does all of the difference in the world are spoken.

I don't want anything more than able to thrive in your relationship with your teen. I am very much a mother, and nothing is more important to me in my teens. What I did was talk and behave with the opposite way which I have spoken with and treated when they grow up. I know how it feels to wish I had a parent that could really understand that me, my friend and my anxiety while he or she showed me that he or she really believed me.

I am convinced that you do not have to grow up, you probably want the same thing. Also, I dare to say that if your teen will not feel an incredible amount of loving unconditional support of you, your relationship is expired, when will you prefer deep in your heart that prosper. I hope at least that's what you prefer.

An exclusive excerpt from bestselling book God my dear, are teenagers. Please Help! (ISBN: 0974145777 Rose Group, april 2007) © Copyright 2007, 2011 by Barbara Sherry Rose, PhD-all rights reserved.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment