Thursday, January 13, 2011

When Dating dangerous turn

"Every year, about 2.3 million people in the United States is attacked and raped or physically by their current or former spouse, boyfriend or girlfriend."-of TheSafeSpace.org

Growing up, I was taught by adults in my life was fun dating and airy. You go to a movie, share a pop, your hands can hold, and if you already have each other long enough, maybe, just maybe, I will have seen on the front stoop pillow before you for the night. Romeo and Juliet history still the power to warm my heart, and really believed in fairy tale endings. In fact, I believed in fairy tale endings so simple that I honestly believed men who lived from some hidden code of honor that stopped my disrespectful, because always I myself as a nice girl, moral presented.

Of course there are many things wrong with this picture, which made me completely to my teenage years followed. Forget the fact that it is quite unrealistic was — was downright dangerous.

The golden rule is large in some kind of pay-it-forward manner, but is not a guarantee of the life you your face well in return have treated. So, while I think it is important for adults to children do that to others to learn, I think that many adults skip an important life lesson, while their children say nice to have other children would be: how to say no when it deems it appropriate.

Don't get parents to tell me me wrong, the children say the whole time, but which is not always tell how their children to go about this. Remember the days when your friends opinions mean everything and your reputation dictates the majority of your behaviour, good or bad? Yes, says that it was not always the easiest thing to do.

Now imagine how teenagers go by when dating is more than just a potential kiss in a threshold. Set bets are made, and imagine the word "no" has lost its power. What's on today?

I was shocked and somewhat wistful when I started to see public service announcements on TV teaching teenagers the signs of an abusive relationship. How would my life be different if I saw PSA that showed me what real live action seemed to be a violent relationship — that the abuse is not always yelling or touch but may is going to be much more subtle. I've found that you could hang out with and where I hang out with them was an error? I have recognized the signs that I was separated from friends and family?

I don't know if my life would be different, but I hope this PSA and websites help teenagers today recognize the signs of abuse and, eventually, break away from anything that lasting scars on the soul could leave. Sites like LoveisRespect.org and TheSafeSpace.org offer some really great resources, such as the signs of an abusive relationship and how you can get help if you're in an abusive relationship. I encourage everyone to checkout — regardless of your age or status. Information about a dangerous and deadly even so can you prevent this from happening to you or someone you love.

And never be afraid to ask for help.

Love and innocence, spoiled

Mika

~ by Mika Doyle on 8 October, 2009 posted in love drunk or Hungover
Tags: abuse, child abuse, abusive relationships, dating, relationships, IGNITE, rape

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment