Thursday, August 18, 2011

That is to say, where is God when I'm s-scared?

Let me begin by saying that I love the Veggie Tales.  I grew up with a really strange crush for Bob the tomato. I had a problem with my food to grow vegetables, not because I don't want them but because I knew that the cucumber on my plate was a cousin of Larry. Maybe it was a weird of my child. If you want, then have you already found where obtained the title of this post.

The first episode of Veggie Tales, where the right is God when I'm S-scared, was one of my favorites growing up. This is Junior asparagus bang, after watching a movie monster, that the nightmare to him.

Of course, Bob the tomato and Larry the cucumber burst at the right time and to remind him, by means of explicit vocals, that God is bigger than the nightmare!

Awesome, right? Can remember every five years.

Then why is it so hard to believe?

One in three girls and boys, one of the six will be a victim of sexual abuse before the age of 18 years.

One in four women will be a victim of the abuse of her life.

There are people out there who harm others, and when we statistics are, it's so hard to believe that God really bigger than the nightmare. Therefore, it is hard to believe is there, it can hurt our people. If you see the Sparrow can fall, why not reach his hand and catch this? If you know that the hairs on our heads, why doesn't he step when an abuse boyfriend trying to pull?

These are tough questions. Wobble my faith questions.  And I have no answers to all of them.

But know this. God is bigger than the nightmare. This can be the Boogeymen is voluntary in our lives that he gives us all. But our God is even greater. One way or another, is inexplicable, still in control, and what man does evil, God can work for good. It is always comforting, because it never seems to be good enough to out-do evil. However, it's something to keep.

And I know that.  When I'm s-scared ", God in there with me. I can not say that it is not always that the feeling is presence. However, I am confident that his promises. He did not promise to stop all the bad things that happen to us, but promises comfort and strengthen us as we pass through them.

Maybe stricter life problems are not fully answered from one episode Veggie Tales.  But this is bigger than the boogeyman and there is when we are afraid.

And sometimes, you will want to be reminded of that song with vegetables.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment